Mid-Atlantic Children’s Services, Inc (MACS) DBA Mid-Atlantic Psychological Services (MAPS) is a minority owned small business, that is focused on reducing adult and juvenile recidivism through evidence-based services, which includes psychological and community interventions and providing clients with the knowledge and tools to create a positive self-transformation. Since our founding, we have successfully performed a wide range of psychological support services through a variety of cooperative relationships with private firms, local and federal government agencies. We provide consultation, psychological assessments, and treatment with several practitioners working as clinical-forensic examiners and psychotherapists.
Capability Statement – Government
- Mental Health Evaluation: clinical interviewing, record review, conducting a psychosocial interview/history, and psychological screening .
- Psychological Assessment: a combination of techniques to help arrive at some hypotheses about a person and their behavior, personality, and capabilities.
- Psychosexual Evaluation: Assessment of whether an individual who is accused of sexually inappropriate conduct has a risk of engaging in sexual misconduct in the future.
- Competency Evaluation: Assesses the offenders’ maturity and developmental capacity.
- Fitness for Duty Evaluations: Assess a law enforcement officer’s ability to conduct their duties.
- Criminal Responsibility Assessment: Assess a defendant’s mental state and capacities at the time of the offense.
- Individual and Group Therapy: Psychological interventions to reduce negative behaviors that contributed to incarceration and address issues that imparied their functioning.
Christopher Bishop, Psy.D., LCSW-C, CEO
Mid-Atlantic Children’s Services, Inc
Mid-Atlantic Psychological Services
100 North Pitt Street, Suite 240
Alexandria, VA 22314
CAGE CODE # 53NJ2
DUNS # 826375938
621112 – Offices of Physicians, Mental Health Specialists
621330 – Offices of Mental Health Practitioners (except Physicians)
624110 – Child and Youth Services
SAM Registration: Active
Accepting Credit Cards: YES
Business Size: Small Business
Description: Conduct forensic assessments, psychological consultation, participate on the IDT team and individual therapy for high-risk offenders and defendants with extensive substance abuse histories who are incarcerated under the supervision of the government.
- Court Services and Offender Services Re-Entry and Sanctions Center, Building 17 – Secured Residential Treatment Program
- Court Services and Offender Services Re-Entry and Sanctions Center, Building 17 – Re-Entry and Sanctions Center
Description: Delivered group therapy for incarcerated men.
- Offender Aid and Restoration (OAR), City of Falls Church, Virginia
Description: Delivered forensic evaluations of a parent’s risk for neglect and/or abuse.
- City of Alexandria, Virginia, Department of Community and Health Services